Grading: Declared Monument (Accommodation Barrack); Grade 2 (Main Block)
Situated on Salisbury Road, the Old Kowloon Fire Station was built in 1920 and opened in the following year, serving Kowloon and the New Territories. The main building was a two-storey red brick structure, with the upper floor used as senior staff quarters and the lower floor as a working area and a garage. The chimney on the roof of the building was preserved. Built next to the main building in 1922 were the new quarters equipped with two sliding poles which allowed prompt response of firefighters to any accidents. Sharing the same name as the fire station later built on Nathan Road, the Old Kowloon Fire Station was once renamed the “Terminus Fire Station”. The Old Kowloon Fire Station ceased operations in 1971 and was moved to its current location on Canton Road. The site was then used by the Post Office for sending and receiving parcels, and as a government storage facility. In 2003, the fire station was included as part of the revitalisation project at the site of the former Marine Police Headquarters known as “1881 Heritage”. Under the project, the fire station has been repurposed into a shop, next to which an old fire truck made in 1940 is on display.
The project is supported by Lord Wilson Heritage Trust.
電話: 2291 0238