Fifth Station/ St. Paul’s College
Address/ 69 Bonham Road
The history of St. Paul’s College can be traced back to the year 1843. It was originally a theological seminary built by Sheng Kung Hui at Glenealy in Central. In 1851, it was transformed into a boys’ school. After the Japanese occupation in 1945, the school had difficulties in rebuilding, so it was merged with the St. Paul’s Girls’ College and became St. Paul’s Co-educational College. In 1950, the teachers and students from St. Paul’s College succeeded in their demands for the boys’ college to be re-established. Therefore, the college was granted the permission to relocate to St. John’s Hall, formerly a residential hall for graduates of the University of Hong Kong, where the school still runs today.
上一站/ 香港大學 Previous Station/ The University of Hong Kong
下一站/ 聖士提反堂中學 Next Station/ St. Stephen’s Church College
西營盤歷史文化徑/ 教會及學校發展 Sai Ying Pun Heritage Trail/ The Development of Missionary Societies and Schools
西營盤歷史文化徑首頁 Sai Ying Pun Heritage Trail/ Main Page