基督新教有眾多派系，但未必都有禮拜場地，於是九龍居民在1922年聯署要求政府撥地興建跨宗派教堂。政商界名人遮打爵士（Sir Catchick Paul Chater）同意出資並由倫敦傳道會興建九龍佑寧堂，於1931年揭幕，是香港其中一間最早的跨宗派教會。九龍佑寧堂是香港鮮見的垂直哥德式建築，充滿古典氣息，正門前一座三層高的塔樓讓整座教堂看似一座城堡。左右兩座白色建築是後建的副堂和牧師樓。
Grading: Declared Monument
There are many different branches of the Protestant Church, but not all of them have their place of worship. In 1922, residents of Kowloon signed a joint petition, urging the government to allocate a site for an interdenominational church. With funding from Sir Catchick Paul Chater, a prominent business and political figure in Hong Kong, the Kowloon Union Church was built by the London Missionary Society. Completed and opened in 1931, the church is a perpendicular Gothic structure rarely seen in Hong Kong. Designed in a classical style, the church features a three-storey tower at the front that makes the building look like a castle. The two white structures on the sides are the chapel and the vicarage, which were added at a later date.
During the Japanese occupation of Hong Kong in the Second World War, the church was converted by the Japanese into a horse stable. All furniture and goods inside were looted and the building suffered severe damage. Luckily, the wooden framework of the building remained intact. Several valuable oak benches of the 1930s placed in the main hall of the church were lost at the time. They were later retrieved from second-hand shops after the church was restored.
The project is supported by Lord Wilson Heritage Trust.
電話: 2291 0238