/ Kwok Man School
Establishment History: Since 1899
Address: 30 Kwok Man Road, Cheung Chau
Cheung Chau had the best quality and scale in education among the outlying islands in the early days, thus attracted a lot of students from other islands to study there. Kwok Man School was founded in 1899. It was formerly run by three separate organizations – the Cheung Chau Wai Chiu House, the Po An Club and the Tung Kwan Club. Later, it became the existing Kwok Man School.
Kwok Man School now is a government subsidized co-ed primary school operated by Chau Wai Chiu House, the Po An Club and the Tung Kwan Club. The school dedicates to provide quality education for children in Cheung Chau and from other islands and helps develop their potentials. The motto of the school is “Propriety, Righteousness, Diligence and Honesty”, aiming to nurture future good civic citizens with good moral characters.
The school consists of three buildings: the Tung Kwan Hall, the Wai Chiu Hall and the new wing campus adjacent to East Bay. Classrooms are equipped with electronic equipments including computer, projection screen, VCR, overhead projector, and a central broadcasting system. In addition, all classrooms are air conditioned with book cabinets and other devices.
Wai Chiu Hall of Kwok Man School