Because of its convenient location, Sai Ying Pun was once a very vibrant trading port and a lot of traditional industries used to gather here. Among them were rice godowns and salted fish stalls, the main food suppliers for the Chinese; tea merchants; and also Nam Pak Hong, which traded goods between China and South-East Asia. The brisk commercial activities in the area attracted a lot of people to live and work here. As a result, various handicraft industries and grocery stores sprang into existence on the streets and lanes, as well as large-scale warehouses and company offices on the main streets.
- 友記理髮 Yau Kee
- 四海數碼激光沖印 Four Sea Digital Imaging CD/VCD/DVD
- 熱帶魚水族 Tropical Fish Aquarium
- 先進鐘錶行 Modern Watch Co.
- 正佳鞋 Very Good Trading Co.
- 德昌森記蒸籠 Tuck Chong Sum Kee Bamboo Steamer Co.
- 伍惠記 Ng Wai Kee
- 希路眼鏡公司 Heyro Optical Company
- 關興記 Kwan Hing Kee
- 齒來香蛋卷 Arona Egg Roll Cake Shop